Balboa Island Ferry
– Take the Ferry between Balboa Island and Balboa Peninsula, which carries automobiles, bicycles, and pedestrians. Balboa Island offers shopping, sightseeing and even a Ferris wheel with magnificent views of Newport Harbor and the Pacific Ocean.Continuous service between 6:30 a.m. and Midnight, 2:00 a.m. on weekends and summer.
5 minutes travel / 1 mile
– Only 26 miles across the beautiful Pacific lies California's favorite island getaway. With crystal-clear waters, sandy beaches and panoramic views, Catalina Island offers something for everyone, including horseback riding, golf and excellent scuba diving. Click here
for ferry information.
26 miles across the Pacific
Upper Newport Bay
- The Upper Newport Bay Nature Preserve and Ecological Reserve encompass more than 1,000 acres of open space near the Bay. Tour the preserve and see rare species like The California Gnatcatcher and Burrowing Owl. Known as one of the best bird watching areas in Southern California, lucky watchers can spot more than 35,000 birds and six rare species during winter migration.
15 minutes travel / walk to the back of the resort property
Flightdeck Air Combat Center
- Flightdeck is Orange County's newest and most unique entertainment venue. Individuals and groups can enjoy the entire "Top Gun" experience via jet fighter simulators as they dog fight and land on aircraft carriers.
23 minutes travel / 17 miles
Gondola Company of Newport
– Enjoy romantic Venetian-style gondola cruises on Newport Harbor. Great for dates, birthdays, anniversaries, and proposals. Snacks, beverage, music, candlelight, and blankets are available, Please call for reservations.
6 minutes travel / 3 miles
Newport Surf School
– Learn to surf the waves of Newport Beach. The Newport Surf School specializes in semi-private lessons for beginner to intermediate levels. With 19 years teaching experience, instructors use a technical approach and expertise. CPR certified. Premium surf tech surf boards and suits provided. Classes are offered year round.
10 minutes travel / 5 milesOrange County Wildlife & Beach Tour -
Enjoy a 4-hour land tour through paradise to see the beauty of Southern California beaches while you observe seals and sea lions up close. Explore sea life in tide pools or visit a nature preserve to observe thousands of migrating birds.
14 minutes travel / 8 milesSawdust Art Festival
– Voted one of the top five art festivals in the country by readers of American Style Magazine
, the Sawdust Art Festival is a spectacular two-month art festival held each July & August in scenic Laguna Beach.
16 minutes travel / 9 miles